I have a s8 and it recently went under water in a pool. The next day the it would not charge pass 12% even when turned off and was getting hot and then the battery would drain. I tried got to like 40% and it drained within minutes. I changed the battery but there wasnt much improvement. I factory reset and cleared the cache.
The phone still is getting hot and giving problems to charge as i have to unplug it when it gets hot and resume charging when it cools. I managed to get it charged to 100% while turned off. When i turned it on the phone dropped to 24% within 2 and a 1/2 hours with very minimal usage and didnt get as hot . Placed it to charged it reached 36% and started to drain as it got hot. So i unplugged it and placed it aside
The LCI within the sim tray still remains as before and hasn’t changed to indicate water damage.
Now i am lost as to what i should do. Can amyone help??